Russian national team head coach Oleg Znarok:
- The ice is really bad here. It's very hot inside the arena, so we made sure the players compete in short shifts. Vladislav Namestnikov finished the game on injections, we will see how things go. Vladimir Tkachyov played well. I am satisfied with how Dmitry Orlov and Evgeny Kuznetsov performed.
I'm not surprised that the Americans lost to Finland, it was our own mistakes that cost us against the USA. We'll prepare to face Canada.
Russian national team defenseman Dmitry Orlov:
- Everyone is happy that we won, the main is that we beat the Czechs. Now, we will rest before playing the next match. We want to win in the semi-final.
When I scored, I saw that Sergei Plotnikov was in possession and I tried to skate into the zone as fast as possible. I think that our first goal gave us confidence. It was important that we killed penalties today, it's a key factor in the knockout rounds. Andrei Vasilevskiy was great too. We have time to get ready for the next game.
Russian national team forward Artemiy Panarin:
- I finally managed to score, my teammates were already getting annoyed with me! I had five chances and should have scored more. Our performance was better, we played our brand of ice hockey. We tried to play a simple game because of the poor ice. Thanks to the guys for killing penalties, they are true fighters! Vladislav Namestnikov had to take injections after blocking that shot. Everyone put their bodies on the line, I respect that. It's not important who we play in the semi-final.
Russian national team forward Evgeny Kuznetsov:
- We're satisfied with the result. It was important that we gave a committed effort for the team. Maybe we made some mistakes, but Andrei Vasilevskiy bailed us out.
The incident with Vladislav Namestnikov was key. Such committed play shorthanded is so important. We were poor in the opening shifts, but we scored two goals and began to control the game. It's crucial to score first against the Czech Republic.
Russian national team forward Sergei Plotnikov:
- I saw that Dmitry Orlov was joining the rush, so I waited to when he was available for the pass. My task is to score and help the team win. It's good that we have Andrei Vasilevskiy as our goaltender, he makes big saves and gives us confidence. The next match will be a lot tougher, and we will have a totally different mindset for it. We know what we are fighting for.
Russian Ice Hockey Federation